Open for Business
We are glad to announce that Email Mum has reopened for business, however the threat of COVID-19 is still very real, and as such we have put together Preventative Safety Measures, that keep Email Mum Up to date with the very latest guidelines, please read the Preventative Safety Measures below:
PREVENTATIVE SAFETY MEASURES TO PROTECT AGAINST THE SPREAD OF CORONAVIRUS
In order to protect our clients, their properties and the housekeepers who are visiting to conduct cleaning services, all Email Mum staff will be following certain procedures to ensure the best possible health and safety measures are in operation in your home.
As part of these efforts, we kindly ask that clients help our housekeepers operate in this way by following the below:
- Maintain the government-set 2 metre social distancing from housekeepers at all times
- Please ensure that there is no face-to-face, direct contact between housekeepers and anyone classed as potentially clinically vulnerable, such as those over 70 years of age
- Whilst your housekeeper is working within your home, please minimise movement in areas where people travel to, from or through (such as stairs and corridors) so your housekeeper can more easily maintain proper social distancing from you and your household members
- Though your housekeeper will be wearing disposable gloves during the visit, please keep internal doors open wherever possible to minimise excess handle touching and to help with general ventilation
Please do not offer your housekeeper any food or drinks – though it’s very kind of you to do so! (They will bring their own)
- Please avoid direct contact between any pets in your household and your housekeeper. As there is no definitive data on whether the virus can be passed from animal to human, the government guidelines are to err on the side of caution and not to interact with any domestic pets apart from your own!
- No work should be carried out in a household where anyone has to isolate due to someone having the virus, or experiencing virus symptoms. Please, therefore, inform the management team if this is the case in your household, and we will arrange to temporarily cease the service
- Please note – in the case of an emergency, social distancing doesn’t have to be maintained if it means anyone would be unsafe! Please pay particular attention to sanitising measures such as thorough hand washing once the danger has passed
During the visit, your housekeeper will:
- Be wearing disposable gloves before entering your home, then will dispose of them safely after exiting the property
- Wear protective face covering if they choose to do so*
- Follow all our usual procedures for avoiding cross-contamination between properties
- Maintain 2 metre social distancing from you and your household members
- Use a tissue if they cough or sneeze, and dispose of this immediately and safely
- Wipe down any equipment they have used that belongs to you ie. vacuum cleaner, mop and bucket, at the end of the clean
We will continue to keep you updated on government guidelines and safety measures as and when they change. We are also investigating the purchase of a new cleaning product that would provide extra sanitary protection for the surfaces in your home, which we’ll look to add into your service when possible. In the meantime, we thank you for your valued support. Take care and stay safe!
Thank You, The Email Mum Team
*Please note – there is currently no definitive evidence that wearing a face covering is effective in reducing virus spread, so the government has decided this is to be a personal choice, whilst insisting people maintain the social distancing and hand sanitising rules. If you would prefer that your housekeeper wear a face mask, please contact the management team to discuss this